Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Format cells to display minutes difference

D-DAY TODAY
04/01/2008 05/14/2007

322 days 9 hrs 23.0 min 24 sec
0\days [h]\hrs m.0\min ss\sec

in the above worksheet, I calculate the difference betweeen two dates.
I have formatted the cells to display only days, hours,& seconds
successfully. I am having problems with the minutes format, everytime
I take the decimal part out, it revervts to 1 min regardless of the
actual value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We are missing something. If you take the difference between the two posted
dates, the result is 323 days, no hours, no minutes, no seconds.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200721
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here are the constants from the VBA help file:

h Display the hour as a number without leading zeros (0 €“ 23).
Hh Display the hour as a number with leading zeros (00 €“ 23).
N Display the minute as a number without leading zeros (0 €“ 59).
Nn Display the minute as a number with leading zeros (00 €“ 59).
S Display the second as a number without leading zeros (0 €“ 59).
Ss Display the second as a number with leading zeros (00 €“ 59).

I don't see the m.0 reference, or am I reading your example wrong?