Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inventory Turnover Curve

I sell Jeans. The challenge is alway how many pair of jean in which
size are needed.

The jeans are stacked in "cubbie holes" you've all seen at stores. We
have 90 cubbies that each will hold 9 pair of jeans.

Given sales data of each size of jeans I should be able to figure out
how many are to be stocked.

I've posted a spreadsheet will sales data and the current way we
figure the turnover curve.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...UVgk7eI1BwTCNA

That sheet first represents the sales of each size, shown in a grid.
So cell K24 shows that Waist size 36 by inseam 32 sells 74 times.
If the cell is blank, that size is not made.
Cell X12 is the total quanity sold, named total13mwz
I set the available space in cell W15.
I've named V15 as target13mwz
Lower on the sheet I've shown the percentages expressed as the quanity
of the given size divided by the total of all sizes.
3 pair is the minium number to put out.
Some sizes have poor sales history, so adjust some quanities to 3.

The function so far is
=IF(ISBLANK(O29)=true,"",IF(ROUND(((O29/total13mwz)*target13mwz),
0.0)<=1.0,3.0,ROUND(((O29/total13mwz)*target13mwz),0.0)))

I always end up with more than will fit. Probably my rounding method.