Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can anyone please help with this - 3rd post

Hi all! I desparately need help with an Excel problem. Here's an
example of what I'm trying to achive below:

In Cell B2 I have a drop down list which contains names of our
brokers.
In Cell C2 I have a drop down list describing types of deals (values
are C, A, X, or T)

Once the user chooses the name and type of deal, they would press a
button which would then take the values in B2 and C2 together and
find
matches in another sheet which contains 3 columns worth of data:
Name,
Type of Deal, and Deal Number (alphanumeric). There will never be 0
deal numbers or
more than 8 answers for any given Criteria (e.g. If I select Tom and
C, the resulting answer will have between 1 and 8 different Deal
Numbers.)

Once Excel or VBA finds these deal numbers, they need to be "placed"
or copied into cells B17 all the way down to B24 (if there are 8
deals
numbers.) So, if there are 2 deal numbers corresponding to Tom and C,
Excel will copy both deal numbers and paste them into B17 and B18.

I'm not sure if VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP or INDEX - MATCH function can do
this but if possible, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do you mean by "drop down list"? Data validation, ComboBox (Forms
toolbar), Data validation, ComboBox (Control Toolbox toolbar)?

Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 12, 6:13 pm, merjet wrote:
What do you mean by "drop down list"? Data validation, ComboBox (Forms
toolbar), Data validation, ComboBox (Control Toolbox toolbar)?

Merjet

Data Validation, List

Thanks