Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to count distinct values???/

i have some data as follows

place id

Offshore 1
Onsite 10
Onsite 11
Onsite 12
Offshore 2
Onsite 12
Offshore 3
Offshore 3
Onsite 13
Offshore 4
Offshore 5
Onsite 14
Offshore 4
Offshore 6
Offshore 6
Offshore 2
Offshore 7
Onsite 15
Onsite 10
Onsite 11
Onsite 15
Onsite 16
Onsite 17
Offshore 8
Offshore 9

please help me that how do i count distint number of ppl in offshore
and onsite...
eg in above case we have 9 people offshore and 8 people onsite....DO
we have a direct function for this or it can only be done through
coding... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

please help me...its utterly important...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Its utterly important to be clear if you expect an answer. How is
anyone suppose to conclude "9 offshore" and "8 onsite" from the many
lines you posted? One might conclude "9 offshore" because that is the
last data for "offshore"; however, 8 is not the last data for
"onsite".

Merjet