Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mega Complex Pivot Table design question

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to work out f it is possible to create a pivot table with
some special beahviours. We have a large source data worksheet that
contains four different types of 'fact' for many products. These
products are arranged row by row, and the facts are column by column.
So far so easy.

Making a pivot table from this is pretty straight forward. What we
also need to do, and where I need the help, is to be able to have a
list of products on another worksheet that acts as a definition for a
group on the pivot table. When the pivot table is made it would be
desired to be able to see the summary data for the group (and hide the
lower level data). I am not quite sure the best way to go about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are using Excel 97.

Thanks in advance

The Frog