Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sort of sharing a spreadsheet application

Hi all,
I have developed a spreadsheet with some vba code.
The problem is that I want more that one user to be able to access it €“ but
not share it.
Meaning that each user will be able to populate his/her own data and save it
loaly.
One way to solve it will be to distribut the spreadsheet among all my users,
BUT the problem is that I myself need to update the spreadsheet for all the
users with some data at the end of the week. So it does not make sense to
distribute to all of them a new sheet every week €“ also that will mean that
they will lose theire personal data on it.

So I will need them to access a read only €œtemplate€ sheet with code saved
on a shared server (so I will be able to update the code when I need to)
but in they same time I will need them to be able to save locally data on the
sheet.

Is it at all doable?

Many thanks
Mark