Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Problem

Hi I have a problem that I'll never be able to solve but was hoping someone
might be able to. Basically I've created a quoting spreadsheet. When the user
has finished putting in the quote details they PDF the page and save the PDF
version. Most people have no idea how to do this part.

I want to create a button that executes the following instructions:
1) Print then automatically selectings the 'Adobe PDF' in the printer driver

Then if possible automatically opens the correct directory of where the PDF
should be saved.

2) then automatically opens the email program and says 'quotation' as the
subject and 'thanks Jonathan, for you enquiry' in the message. Jonathan being
the name in the quote from cell A1

I am really greatful for anyones help. Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JonathanW wrote:
Hi I have a problem that I'll never be able to solve but was hoping someone
might be able to. Basically I've created a quoting spreadsheet. When the user
has finished putting in the quote details they PDF the page and save the PDF
version. Most people have no idea how to do this part.

I want to create a button that executes the following instructions:
1) Print then automatically selectings the 'Adobe PDF' in the printer driver

Then if possible automatically opens the correct directory of where the PDF
should be saved.

2) then automatically opens the email program and says 'quotation' as the
subject and 'thanks Jonathan, for you enquiry' in the message. Jonathan being

the name in the quote from cell A1

I am really greatful for anyones help. Thanks in advance!

For point 1 why don't you do a 'Record Macro' this will get the
correct 'wording' for your Macro

I think that you will need a recent version of Abobe Acrobat for the correct
directory part.

Check the website of Ron de Bruin for help on the E Mail part.

Good Luck