Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
saj saj is offline

Default online data comes to excel to be shifted to adjacent cells as per formula with very minimum time lag or in micro second timelag is the problem to be solved

While linking the excel sheet in DAO(data control) and display in
DBGrid, I can see the sheet. But when make updation in the excel
sheet , it has to be updated in the grid view. There is about 2
seconds time delay to make updation.

How to do this without timedelay only a few micro seconds instead of
in seconds. Or in other words the correction has to be taken in the
DBand view simultaneously.

How to avoid tha time delay? That is the problem to be resolved.

Additional details:
the dbgrid is placed in vb form and it is linked through dao control
(data control) ie. i am accessing the excel file from vb applications )
(
not in excell application ).
- i have saved the file in the server - ie. accessing the excel file
from server to my vb applications
..- the file is size is may be around 500 to 600 kb only ( max in. 2
mb)
- while updating the excel file the updations carried out in vb
application
grid display has taken some time delay in seconds.

I will put the same question in another format.

I have one excel sheet, one particular column datas are varying by
some other controls. There may be a variation for 5 to 10 seconds
in the data . From that variations I have to find the minimum
reading in particular column and maximum reading and current reading
also.

I will put this same question in another format also again ::
In excel sheet a column contains 150 cells and in each cell the data
changes 2 to 30 times per second. We have to find out the maximum
value, minimum value and current value of that fluctuating data from
each cell and put it separately in adjacent columns(cells). Please
note that each cell is independent and there should not be any time
delay in this calculations because data flows online from a server. So
each cell data should be monitored independently updated instantly
for their minimum and maximum and current values in nearby cells
with out time delay. Here the problem to be solved is how to avoid
the time delay is the main question. Point to be noted is there are
about 1 50 cells and each cell has no connection in the data with
other cell. Each cell is totally independent and the online data
flowing in each cell has no connection to the other cell and each
cells online data should be updated instantly without time delay for
their minimum, maximum, and current values in the adjacent cells. I
could do this with time delay of 1 to 2 seconds, but the problem to be
solved is how to minimise the time delay to the maximum or avoid the
time delay totally.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The way I see it you have
server-excel-DAO

You have 150 different time series. You want to track the
min/max/current value of each time series in your DAO.
I would take advantage of Excel built in feature "Worksheet_Change"
event.
Make 3 new cells for each of the 150. (perhaps on a different sheet)
CurrentValue, MinValue, MaxValue
Then capture the
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target as Range)
<write code here to copy the current value and calculate the min /
max values
<trigger your app to refresh this row