Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA For All My Spreadsheets

I have some VBA code that works very nicely. I would like to use it every
time I open an Excel spreadsheet. Right now I copy the code into the sheet
Im using. Is there a better Way?? Can you tell my how?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have a personal workbook, (personal.xls in English), you can put it
there.

If not, then you can create one by recording a macro. Select the storage
location as personal workbook. This will create it for you.

Then you can put code there. this workbook is stored in the xlstart
forlder, so it is opened each time excel is opened and your macros should be
available in tools=Macro=Macros (xl2003 and earlier).

Tom Ogilvy

"williamr" wrote:

I have some VBA code that works very nicely. I would like to use it every
time I open an Excel spreadsheet. Right now I copy the code into the sheet
Im using. Is there a better Way?? Can you tell my how?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

available in tools=Macro=Macros (xl2003 and earlier).

For Excel 2007 Macros is on the Devoloper tab on the ribbon.
By default you not see the tab.

To display the Developer tab go to Office Button Excel Options...Popular
The shortcut key Alt F8 is working in all versions

For more information about the personal.xls see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm