Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Macro Security

I have searched (pretty hard) to find a valid reason why excel might
reset macro security back to high (from medium) whenever it gets the
urge!

I have somebody who can be working with an excel document quite
happily and then all of a sudden macros will stop running and they
will get the "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to
high....." dialog. Resetting the security back to medium, closing and
reopening stops this but obviously it's not ideal. I have been
informed that there are no group policies set up either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is possible to change the Security level via VBA. Look for any instances
of this. Carefully review the use of SendKeys in your macros.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200718

" wrote:

I have searched (pretty hard) to find a valid reason why excel might
reset macro security back to high (from medium) whenever it gets the
urge!

I have somebody who can be working with an excel document quite
happily and then all of a sudden macros will stop running and they
will get the "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to
high....." dialog. Resetting the security back to medium, closing and
reopening stops this but obviously it's not ideal. I have been
informed that there are no group policies set up either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
I have searched (pretty hard) to find a valid reason why excel might
reset macro security back to high (from medium) whenever it gets the
urge!

I have somebody who can be working with an excel document quite
happily and then all of a sudden macros will stop running and they
will get the "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to
high....." dialog. Resetting the security back to medium, closing and
reopening stops this but obviously it's not ideal. I have been
informed that there are no group policies set up either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks,

I wrote all of the macros, it definitely doesn't do that. Must be
something else.

It's not related to the spreadsheet as it behaves properly on other
machines.