Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default App_WorkBookBeforeClose()

Hi ,

I have a piece of VBA code , it goes like this , the class module has
Public WithEvents app As Application

Private Sub App_WorkbookBeforeClose(ByVal Wb As Workbook, _
Cancel As Boolean)
a = MsgBox("Do you really want to close the workbook?", _
vbYesNo)
If a = vbNo Then Cancel = True
End Sub
for WorkBookBeforeClose under app tab

and another module has

Public oappobject As New Class1
Sub auto_open()
Set oappobject.app = Application

End Sub

for auto_open under General tab in VBA

I saved this as Test.xla , and put under XLSTART folder .
When excel is run , my message appears twice for Excel 2003 and once
for Excel 2000. Can somebody explain the behaviour and suggest a
workaround for this .

Thanks in anticipation,
Deepa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Deepa,

I have just re-created your situation, and I only get the one message in
Excel 2003.

--
---
HTH