Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general

Default Clear Office Clipboard from VBA?

I found some code on the web to manipulate the Windows clipboard using
windows API calls.

Is there a way to manipulate the MS Office clipboard?

Here's the scenario. I've got some code that parses through a Word document
and copies all the tables and images from the Word document into an Excel
Workbook. The tables all work fine, but the images are sometimes duplicated.
Instead of getting image 1 and then image 2, I get two copies of image 1.

Even though I clear the clipboard (using the Windows API calls) before I
copy the figure, sometimes I still get the duplicate.

I ran my code with the Office clipboard command bar showing and it looks
like the Office clipboard doesn't get cleared at all. To show the Office
clipboard, I'm just choosing View--Toolbars--Clipboard.

Is there a way to clear the Office clipboard?

Thanks in advance for the help!

(Forgive the cross-post. I'm not sure where to post the question.)