Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Clear Office Clipboard from VBA?

If you are using Office 2000 you do have some indirect access to the Office
Clipboard from VBA - but you do not have it in any later versions.

In Office 2000 the Office Clipboard is presented as a CommandBar and so you
can programmatically manipulate the Controls, for example ...

CommandBars("Clipboard").Controls("Clear Clipboard").Execute

In Office XP and later, the Office Clipboard is presented as a Task Pane and
the 'back door' has been shut. AFAIK, VBA access to it post-2000 is
impossible - I don't think you can even do it with SendKeys (but don't quote
me on that).

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans
Microsoft Word MVP

"theLuggage" wrote in message

I meant to say this in my original post: we're using Office 2000 for
Windows. There is no Edit--OfficeClipboard in Office 2k that I can see.

In any case, I need to do this in VBA code, not via a UI.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

You can access the Office Clipboard EditOfficeClipboard in Excel. It
should
show what is on it, if anything, from whatever source. You can then edit
it
one item at a time or all at once. See Excel help on Clipboard.

"theLuggage" wrote:

I found some code on the web to manipulate the Windows clipboard using
windows API calls.

Is there a way to manipulate the MS Office clipboard?

Here's the scenario. I've got some code that parses through a Word
document
and copies all the tables and images from the Word document into an
Excel
Workbook. The tables all work fine, but the images are sometimes
duplicated.
Instead of getting image 1 and then image 2, I get two copies of image
1.

Even though I clear the clipboard (using the Windows API calls) before
copy the figure, sometimes I still get the duplicate.

I ran my code with the Office clipboard command bar showing and it
looks
like the Office clipboard doesn't get cleared at all. To show the
Office
clipboard, I'm just choosing View--Toolbars--Clipboard.

Is there a way to clear the Office clipboard?

Thanks in advance for the help!

(Forgive the cross-post. I'm not sure where to post the question.)