Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting data for pivot table from another spreadsheet

I want to create a pivot table in spreadsheet A based on data in a
named range in Spreadsheet B (Spreadsheet B has mulitple tabs) . So
far I have had not luck trying any of the 3 options presented to me to
get data. Can some give me some pointers or tell me it is not
possilbe.

Thanks

JDB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's possible. There can be two ways

1. Create pivot table in spreadsheet B and copy pivot table to spreadsheet A.
Or
2. Create pivot table directly to spreadsheet A and give source to
spreadsheet B.

"JDB" wrote:

I want to create a pivot table in spreadsheet A based on data in a
named range in Spreadsheet B (Spreadsheet B has mulitple tabs) . So
far I have had not luck trying any of the 3 options presented to me to
get data. Can some give me some pointers or tell me it is not
possilbe.

Thanks

JDB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option1 worked perfectly. thanks VERY much.
This is a big, big help.

JDB - 4 20 S, 170 00 W AmSamoa

"JDB" wrote:
I want to create a pivot table in spreadsheet A based on data in a
named range in Spreadsheet B (Spreadsheet B has mulitple tabs) . So
far I have had not luck trying any of the 3 options presented to me to
get data. Can some give me some pointers or tell me it is not
possilbe.

Thanks

JDB- Hide quoted text -