Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting an entire column

I'm trying to write a code that selects the entire column, regardless of what
cell I'm in. I run a find and sometimes end up in column O or it could be AA
or X. I want to be able to select that particular column.

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Marco,

Try:

Activecell.EntireColumn.Select

---
Regards,
Norman

"Marco" wrote in message
I'm trying to write a code that selects the entire column, regardless of
what
cell I'm in. I run a find and sometimes end up in column O or it could be
AA
or X. I want to be able to select that particular column.

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub dural()
ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Select

Gary''s Student - gsnu200716

"Marco" wrote:

I'm trying to write a code that selects the entire column, regardless of what
cell I'm in. I run a find and sometimes end up in column O or it could be AA
or X. I want to be able to select that particular column.

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Useing above as reference
How would I select the following. I want to copy these to another worksheet
so will need to copy and paste
Column(A)(D)(E)(G)(L)
Thanks for looking
Help greatly appreciated
Thank You

One way:

Marco wrote:

I'm trying to write a code that selects the entire column, regardless of what
cell I'm in. I run a find and sometimes end up in column O or it could be AA
or X. I want to be able to select that particular column.

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I like:

worksheets("somesheet").range("a1,D1:e1,G1,L1").en tirecolumn.copy _
destination:=worksheets("othersheet").range("a1")

Curt wrote:

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Useing above as reference
How would I select the following. I want to copy these to another worksheet
so will need to copy and paste
Column(A)(D)(E)(G)(L)
Thanks for looking
Help greatly appreciated
Thank You

One way:

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Addition this is what I tried
Worksheets("Data").Range("A4,D4,E4,G4,L4").EntireC olumn.Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Announcer").Range("A2")
Relize entirecolumn isn't right when starting in 4th row Also as you can
see want paste to start on row 2 also
can we do it?
Thanks

Curt wrote:

I know that Range(A:A).Select will select column A. Column(2).Select will
select column B.

Useing above as reference
How would I select the following. I want to copy these to another worksheet
so will need to copy and paste
Column(A)(D)(E)(G)(L)
Thanks for looking
Help greatly appreciated