Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way to do this?

Hi everyone!

Okay so I have a spreadsheet for project scheduling set up with the month
name April - March in cells G4 - R4 . In cell C6 I have a start date of
04/01/07 and in cell D6 I have an end date of 07/01/07 for example. What I am
wanting to do is have each cell under each month turn "Blue" to show the time
frame of that project. Can this be done? Would I have to enter a formula for
each cell April - March? Any help would be great. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you don't want any substantive content in the cells to be colored
blue, you could do something along this line:
- For the April-March cells, enter any date within the month in
question.
- Use conditional formatting ("Formatting / Conditional Formatting" in
those cells, choosiing "Cell value is / between" and pointing to the
relevant start/end dates, then choosing "Format / Patterns" and
picking blue

To visuallly hide the dates in the blue cells. you could change the
text color to match the background color. This will leave the dates on
the non-blue cells also blue, however. You could also try setting the
font size in those cells to 1, which would at least make them look
like very small dots.

HTH

/ Tyla /

On Apr 20, 7:52 am, GMac wrote:
Hi everyone!

Okay so I have a spreadsheet for project scheduling set up with the month
name April - March in cells G4 - R4 . In cell C6 I have a start date of
04/01/07 and in cell D6 I have an end date of 07/01/07 for example. What I am
wanting to do is have each cell under each month turn "Blue" to show the time
frame of that project. Can this be done? Would I have to enter a formula for
each cell April - March? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use conditional formating. the conditoinal formatt would compare the output
of the now() functtion with schedule dates.

for example: datevalue("5/1/07") - now() < 10
You can use a cell in time format instead of datevalue(). I just used
datevalue because it is easy to understand the example. The results of
subttracting two dates will be a number repesentting the number of days. the
answer will be in fractoins of days. You may want to use INT() to convert
answer to a whole number.