Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
avi avi is offline

Default Unload a Userform created in VB6

Hello,

From my VBA code i perform a shell command that causes an exe file

created in VB6 to open a Userform created in VB6.

The UserForm is not recognized in Excel so i don't know hoew to
determine if it is loaded. I need this in order to prevent opening
many sessions of the UserForm

Please help
Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why don't you unload it from within the userform itself, when the processing
is done.

--
HTH

Bob

"avi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

From my VBA code i perform a shell command that causes an exe file

created in VB6 to open a Userform created in VB6.

The UserForm is not recognized in Excel so i don't know hoew to
determine if it is loaded. I need this in order to prevent opening
many sessions of the UserForm

Please help
Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Userform normally refers to those used by VBA, whilst in VB6 it is normally
referred to as a form.
So you are trying to unload a form in your <standard VB6 exe ?
Or something else ?

If you need to communicate with the VB6 part/component, an ActiceX dll or
exe would be more straight forward.

NickHK

"avi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

From my VBA code i perform a shell command that causes an exe file

created in VB6 to open a Userform created in VB6.

The UserForm is not recognized in Excel so i don't know hoew to
determine if it is loaded. I need this in order to prevent opening
many sessions of the UserForm

Please help
Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
avi avi is offline

Hello,

Thanks

The problem is that the Userform is opened from an Excel menu. The
user can forget to close it and may open a new instance (the first UF
is minimized).

The Userform was imported to VB6 from an export from VBA. i don't know
why but it appears in VB6 in a section called Designers and not in the
Form section

As you can guess my knowledge in VB6 is not very good

Avi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I recall another thread in which you wondered whether to use an VB exe or a
dll, seems you've gone with an exe, why?

Unless you have a special reason for using an exe, and if you have make it
an ActiveX exe, otherwise probably much easier with a dll.

Indeed you can use a vba type userform in your VB app (as you've found it
gets dropped into Designers), but that doesn't change anything regarding
your current issue.

Regards,
Peter T