Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy and Split Macro

Hi All,

Seems I got no response to my earlier post, I have decided to rephrase
my question as rereading it back I find it wasnt to clear on what I
wanted to do.
Basically the background is, suppliers provide me with stock detials
(product codes, order number, lead time, price, amount in stock etc etc)
in a excel speadsheet.
The problem is sometimes these suppliers use the same product code for
what we would define as two difference products.
For example: Some suppliers would define a blue BMX bicycle and a red
BMX bicyle as the same product, thus it would have the same product
number on our suppliers price lists.
Yet within our organisation we would need some method to differentiate
between a red BMX and a blue one.
So what I wish to do, is create a macro that will effectivly split the
product into two (or more) individual products. Colours will be
seperated with a / so in the case of the following row:

ProdID Desc Price
2374 BMX Bicycle Red/Blue £99.99

It would then become:

ProdID Desc Price
2374-1 BMX Bicycle Red £99.99
2374-2 BMX Bicycle Blue £99.99

Does anyone have any ideas how I could automate this through a macro?

Kind Regards