Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Special Http Response feature?

I'm wondering if there is a way to fire off a GET request and then not
wait around for the response? The reason for this is that when I send
the request the time on the response can be quite long and it locks up
the userform until I receive the response.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 19, 12:13 am, "Tim Williams" <timjwilliams at gmail dot com
wrote:
XMLHTTP supports an asynchronous mode.

Tim

"Jeff" wrote in message

oups.com...

I'm wondering if there is a way to fire off a GET request and then not
wait around for the response? The reason for this is that when I send
the request the time on the response can be quite long and it locks up
the userform until I receive the response.

Thanks, I'll look into it

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks like you theres some bug where you can't attach request
headers to xmlhttp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Any reference for that ?

'******************
Dim myhttp As Object
Set myhttp = CreateObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0")
myhttp.Open "GET", "http://localhost/testpages/headers.asp", False

myhttp.setRequestHeader "MyHeader", "MyHeaderValue"

myhttp.send False
MsgBox myhttp.responseText

works for me.

Tim