Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel to Powerpoint pastespecial date problem

Hi there,

I've created a chart on a sheet using VBA and the chart has dates
running along the x axis (in the UK format: dd/mm/yyyy). Using VBA,
the macro copies the chart and pastes it into a powerpoint slide. The
paste works fine and I can resize and position the chart accurately on
the slide, however the dates are turning into US format, - mm/dd/
yyyy !

If I paste the picture in manually, as a Picture(Enhanced Metafile),
the dates remain in UK format!

This is strange because I'm using the CopyPicture and I would have
though that a picture is like a bitmap and it shouldn't know about
dates!

I'd really appreciate some help with this one.
Thanks, Jon

Code snippet follows:
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.CopyPicture _
Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture, Size:=xlScreen

With PPSlide
' paste and select the chart picture
.Shapes.PasteSpecial Link:=False, _
DataType:=wdPasteEnhancedMetafile