Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tab Indexing Behavior on a Mac

Hello,
I was asked to write a database input device in Excel. I had all my
code and my Userform functioning on a PC. I was also asked to make
this program available for a Mac as well. I put the code and the
Userform into the Mac (of course I had to redo the Userform because
apparently the PC and the Mac Excel were not compatible).
My problem is that on the PC I have a very smooth interface where the
user can tab through each Input Box and enter the data. To do this I
had set the tab index for each Input Box from 1 to 30. On the Mac I
did the same thing but the Tab Index doesn't seem to work at all. If
I start at Tab Index 1 the next tab will be Tab Index 12 and it stops
there... If I try to tab anything from certain boxes the cursor does
not move and from other boxes it will jump to a location and then it
won't move.
Is there some trick to getting tab key behavior working properly on
the Mac?

Thanks in advance for any help

-Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 17, 2:53 pm, JE McGimpsey wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
Is there some trick to getting tab key behavior working properly on
the Mac?

Nope - this is a bug that hasn't been fixed.

It almost certainly won't be fixed, either, since MacOffice is dropping
VBA in the next version (a version or so before WinOffice is supposed
to).

Wow, that sucks. What are they going to do instead? Or is there no
substitute planned? I guess active Java controls come next.