Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting, copy for rows

Hi, I have a simple conditional format, where cell a1 goes red, if it
is less than a value in cell b1. If it is greater than or equal to it
is green. The problem is I have 300 rows to do this on. I obviously
dont want to go down all the rows putting the details in each time. If
i copy and paste the conditional format the "cell value is" within the
conditional format always remains as $b$1 when for row 2 the format in
a2 should say b2, a3 say b3 etc etc. Is there a quick way top do this
please?

Cheers

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select A1:A300, then in CF use a condition of Formula Is and a formula of

=A1<B1 for red

and
=A1=B1 for green

--
HTH

Bob

"Richhall" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I have a simple conditional format, where cell a1 goes red, if it
is less than a value in cell b1. If it is greater than or equal to it
is green. The problem is I have 300 rows to do this on. I obviously
dont want to go down all the rows putting the details in each time. If
i copy and paste the conditional format the "cell value is" within the
conditional format always remains as $b$1 when for row 2 the format in
a2 should say b2, a3 say b3 etc etc. Is there a quick way top do this
please?

Cheers

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 17 Apr, 19:25, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Select A1:A300, then in CF use a condition of Formula Is and a formula of

=A1<B1 for red

and
=A1=B1 for green

--
HTH

Bob

"Richhall" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi, I have a simple conditional format, where cell a1 goes red, if it
is less than a value in cell b1. If it is greater than or equal to it
is green. The problem is I have 300 rows to do this on. I obviously
dont want to go down all the rows putting the details in each time. If
i copy and paste the conditional format the "cell value is" within the
conditional format always remains as $b$1 when for row 2 the format in
a2 should say b2, a3 say b3 etc etc. Is there a quick way top do this
please?

Cheers

Rich- Hide quoted text -

THanks thats brilliant. Didn't realise it was so simple!