Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Matching lists

Hello there,

Maybe somebody can help me with this. I tried looking at other
postings but could'nt find something like this and my VBA programming
skills are not good enough to be to manipulate other postings code.

I have two lists, both have three attributes, date, location, and
amount. List A is in columns A-C, List B in columns D-F. What I
would like to do is match both lists by location. One side could have
more entries than the other so I I would need coding to move things
down and leave blanks so that things will line up.

Below is an example of what I would need:

Befo

Date Location Amount Date Location
Amount

01/07 A $100 01/07
A $100
01/07 B $200 01/07
A $100
01/07 C $300 01/07
B $150

After:

Date Location Amount Date Location
Amount

01/07 A $100 01/07
A $100
01/07
A $100
01/07 B $200 01/07
B $150
01/07 C $300

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...25bfcde983be04

Hth,
Merjet