Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Form Updating

In a user form I have two combo boxes that contain dependant data. When one
box is changed, the other box gives a list that changes based on the others
selection.

I have the data entered on the form to populate a cell on xyz_change().
This data is not reflected in the form until it is closed and opened again,
and then the second combo box shows the dependant information.

Is there a way to update the user form without closing it and opening it?

If not, how do you have the textbox in the form pull data from a cell on
activation?

Sorry if the question is not clear enough, I find it kind of hard to explain.

Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you run code to change the data in the list of the combobox, the change
should not require that the form be unloaded to reflect the change. You
would also need to set the listindex property to -1 as well.

If you have dependent comboboxes, then you should run such code on the click
event of the "master" combobox.

Tom Ogilvy