Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Referring to sheets wiht variable names

I really need to be able to refer to sheets with variable sheet names.
I managed to get this working within one workbook using the indirect
function. However i need to be able to do this referring from one
workbook to the sheets in another workbook. The indirect function only
works in this case if both workbooks are open which in my case isn't
practical.

Does anyone know anyway of doing this, either by just using excel, or
by using VBA as well? It would be a great help.

Thankyou!

Daisy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Daisy,

You could download Laurent Longre's free Add-in Morefunc.xll at

http://xcell05.free.fr/

See particularly, the Add-In's Indirect.Ext function..

---
Regards,
Norman

wrote in message
oups.com...
I really need to be able to refer to sheets with variable sheet names.
I managed to get this working within one workbook using the indirect
function. However i need to be able to do this referring from one
workbook to the sheets in another workbook. The indirect function only
works in this case if both workbooks are open which in my case isn't
practical.

Does anyone know anyway of doing this, either by just using excel, or
by using VBA as well? It would be a great help.

Thankyou!

Daisy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can rename any worksheet by right click on sheet name tab at botttom of
worksheet.

From VBA yu can call each worksheet by this name
sheets("Myname").activate

You can get every worksheet with