Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unprotect VBA-Code using VBA-Code?

Hi.

Here I got one of my older VBA-Projekts, which now causes an error due to
changes of the system it is running on. Normaly it should be solved easily,
but at that time I used a password to protect it's code :-(
I already tried to use my default passwords, but none of them works. It
seems like the only change will be by bruteforce.

Is it therefore possible to unprotect VBA-Code using VBA-Code?

Thanks
Michi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It depends on whether you are talking about sheet level protection, workbook
protection, or vba protection. The first two are easier and you can google
for code, the third will require 3rd party software as you mentioned.
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Michael Mueller" wrote:

Hi.

Here I got one of my older VBA-Projekts, which now causes an error due to
changes of the system it is running on. Normaly it should be solved easily,
but at that time I used a password to protect it's code :-(
I already tried to use my default passwords, but none of them works. It
seems like the only change will be by bruteforce.

Is it therefore possible to unprotect VBA-Code using VBA-Code?

Thanks
Michi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi.

Is it therefore possible to unprotect VBA-Code using VBA-Code?

Got it solved using SendKeys and lots of time ;-)

Never mind
Michi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No. The properties in the object structure having to do with
passwords are read-only. They can only be accessed from the user
interface.

Thinking about it, it is self-defeating to allow code to unprotect
code. That would be a hole that viruses could drive a truck through.

Carl.

Hi.