Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to count dates in a column between 2 dates

Hi All,

At present I have a formula that counts the number of date entries in
a column.

=COUNT($AL$1000:$AL$5000,"<=today()")

I need to change it so that it counts the dates between today and the
last 3 months.

Can someone tell me how, I have tried all manner of configurations.

Many thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This may work

=COUNTIF($AL$1000:$AL$5000,"<"&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY())-3,DAY(TODAY())))

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"deaconj999" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

At present I have a formula that counts the number of date entries in
a column.

=COUNT($AL$1000:$AL$5000,"<=today()")

I need to change it so that it counts the dates between today and the
last 3 months.

Can someone tell me how, I have tried all manner of configurations.

Many thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick,
Sorry -- just forget what I just wrote - I just came back to look this over,
and I'm not half-way sure what I said is right or not, I'm nearly brain-dead
status..
Jim

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

This may work

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is another formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(($AL$1000:$AL$5000<=TODAY())*($AL$1000 :$AL
$5000=EDATE(TODAY(),-3)))

Hth,
Merjet