Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can i sell my vb program

Can i sell my vb program that was created by me but with help from other
users as well?? If not can i use my program in a company with out selling it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anythin posted on this site would be considered "Public Domain" and follows
the Public Domain laws that apply where you live. You have to also adhere to
microsoft license agreements.

"JustLearning" wrote:

Can i sell my vb program that was created by me but with help from other
users as well?? If not can i use my program in a company with out selling it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are no rules as such if you wrote it, even if others helped you you.
However, if you were using a substantial piece of code that someone else
provided, or you downloaded, you should contact the author and seek their
view on it.

Public Domain code does not mean that you absolutely cannot use it in a
commercial app, there would be no commercial apps if that were the case, but
as I say, you need to make a judgement call on all code provided to you.

--
HTH

Bob

"JustLearning" wrote:

Can i sell my vb program that was created by me but with help from
other
users as well?? If not can i use my program in a company with out
selling it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a web site that will give you an idea of what intellectual property,
which is what you use when you develop code, is all about.

http://www.nationaltechcenter.org/le...bcopyright.asp

"JustLearning" wrote:

Can i sell my vb program that was created by me but with help from other
users as well?? If not can i use my program in a company with out selling it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's a fairly decent overview.

But if you are working for
someone else and you were on their time, or you used your
employer's computer, and even if at home on your own time
on your own computer you still may have ceded your rights
to your employer.

To avoid ambiguity most employees are
asked to sign over their rights as a condition of their employment.
If there is any ambiguity that is where lawyers come in, and
that is what they thrive on.

You are very ambiguous about the involvement of others.