Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Appending data and dates to a merged cell

I am working on a project which I need help. I have two merged cells:

Two cells (name) contain the user's first and last name.

The next (entry) cell is used for entering data new data.

I have a fourth cell called comments.

I need a macro that when executed using a button, appends data from the
entry and name cells to existing data in the comments cell. Additionally, I
need to append a static date/time stamp after the name in the comments cell.
Here is an example of what I am hoping the comments cell to look like:

Name cells: First name Last name

Entry cell: I tried the patch and it didn't work. What do I do now?

Comments cell: How do I reset my p/w? First Last 04-11-07 1:35pm ---
Click on the hyperlink to the left of the login name. First Last 04-12-07
8:15am --- I tried the linki and it did not work. Any other suggestions?
First Last 04-12-07 8:30am
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Something like this

With Sheet1
.Range("comments").Value = .Range("comments").Value & Chr(10) & _
.Range("first").Value & " " & .Range("last").Value & _
", " & Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm") & ": " & _
.Range("entry").Value
End With

Tim

"MarcusA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 13, 12:14 pm, MarcusA wrote:
I am working on a project which I need help. I have two merged cells:

Two cells (name) contain the user's first and last name.

The next (entry) cell is used for entering data new data.

I have a fourth cell called comments.

I need a macro that when executed using a button, appends data from the
entry and name cells to existing data in the comments cell. Additionally, I
need to append a static date/time stamp after the name in the comments cell.
Here is an example of what I am hoping the comments cell to look like:

Name cells: First name Last name

Entry cell: I tried the patch and it didn't work. What do I do now?

Comments cell: How do I reset my p/w? First Last 04-11-07 1:35pm ---
Click on the hyperlink to the left of the login name. First Last 04-12-07
8:15am --- I tried the linki and it did not work. Any other suggestions?
First Last 04-12-07 8:30am

Sub test()
Dim fname As String, lname As String, entry As String, _
comments As String, comments2 As String
fname = [b2].Value
lname = [c2].Value
entry = [b3].Value
comments = [b4].Value
comments2 = comments & fname & " " & lname & " " & _
entry & " " & Date & " --- "
[b4].Value = comments2
End Sub

Assuming that the cells are b2, c2, b3, and b4

Rob