Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to "Step Back"

Hi all,

When debugging code, sometimes, It would be handy if there is a method to
step back. Since there might be a big gap between if , elseif block. I need
to trace the code.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As for a step backwards I do not know of one. You can grab the yellow arrow
at the left which indicates which line is executing and drag it to wherever
you need it.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

When debugging code, sometimes, It would be handy if there is a method to
step back. Since there might be a big gap between if , elseif block. I need
to trace the code.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,

Thank you Jim. What I really mean is to find the last execution step. It is
silly when there is few code, but when there are many if and elseif block, I
think it is valuable.

Clara
--

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

When debugging code, sometimes, It would be handy if there is a method to
step back. Since there might be a big gap between if , elseif block. I need
to trace the code.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Clara,

You can drag the yellow arrow to any execution line within the current sub
or function. Or, you can right click on any execution line (still within the
same proc) then select "Set Next Statement".

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

When debugging code, sometimes, It would be handy if there is a method to
step back. Since there might be a big gap between if , elseif block. I need
to trace the code.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Clara,

If you mean the last execution step in the current procedure, CTRL+DOWN
ARROW will take you to the next sub or function which should be just a few
lines below the last line of the current procedure you were on before
pressing CTRL+DOWN ARROW.

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

When debugging code, sometimes, It would be handy if there is a method to
step back. Since there might be a big gap between if , elseif block. I need
to trace the code.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I know there is no functionality to support what you are looking
for... code execution is like a like waking up after a night of drinking...
it knows where it is and it can figure out where it needs to go but how it
got there and where the pants went is a complete mystery...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

When debugging code, sometimes, It would be handy if there is a method to
step back. Since there might be a big gap between if , elseif block. I need
to trace the code.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,
Now we just need a human version of the ViewCall Stack to indicate which
bars we visited and possibly ViewWatch Window to tell how much we spent.

NickHK