Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find ID Number

Hi Everybody

I found the code below on this forum and adapted it to my userfrom and it
works great no problems. However with a 26 sheet workbook it always finds the
last ID number in Column A. For example if ID number WM3898 is on Sheets
5,11,23 it will always show in the useform the info on sheet 23. Is it
possible to add a CommandButton that would find the first ID number in the
workbook then on click would find the same ID number if it is within the
workbook, e.g. WM3898 Sheet5, then Sheet11, Sheet23.

Private Sub cmdfind_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim rngToSearch As Range
Dim rngFound As Range
Dim FindWhat As String
Dim Matches As Boolean
Dim sht As Worksheet

FindWhat = TextBox21.Text
Matches = False

For Each sht In Sheets
If TypeName(sht) = "Worksheet" Then
Set rngToSearch = sht.Columns("A")
Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:=FindWhat, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
MatchCase:=False)
If Not (rngFound Is Nothing) Then
Matches = True
sht.Select
rngFound.Select
Next

If Matches = False Then
MsgBox "Sorry " & TextBox21 & " was not found."
Else

Me.Tb2.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Value
Me.Tb3.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Me.Tb4.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Value
Me.Tb5.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 5).Value
Me.Tb6.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 6).Value
Me.Tb7.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 7).Value
Me.Tb8.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 8).Value
Me.Tb9.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 9).Value
Me.Tb10.Text = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 10).Value

TextBox21.Value = ""

End If
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Many thanks

hazel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

As each sheet relates to a different area that the agent covers,more than
likely after viewing, print the data in the userform boxes for the our
records and send the agent at the end of each month a hard copy for each area.
--
Many thanks

hazel

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

At the moment we already have a print Button on the Userform with the usual
code

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
UserForm1.PrintForm
End Sub

Of course the smart a***s looking over my shoulder think it should be easy
to find out of 500 or so records the agents other records and on which other
sheet they should be on -- they must think I have a memory like an elephant
is supposed to have. Hope this helps

--
Many thanks

hazel

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK. Add another button, I called it cmdNext.

This code will then work by using the find first and it will seek through
until it finds, and stop. You print, press next, and it goes until the end
or next find. You print, etc.

Private shIndex As Long

Private Sub cmdfind_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

shIndex = 1
SearchForValue

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Private Sub cmdNext_Click()
If shIndex <= Worksheets.Count Then
shIndex = shIndex + 1
SearchForValue

Private Sub SearchForValue()
Dim rngFound As Range
Dim rngToSearch As Range
Dim FindWhat As String
Dim Matches As Boolean

Set rngFound = Nothing
FindWhat = Me.TextBox21.Text
Do
Set rngToSearch = Worksheets(shIndex).Columns("A")
Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:=FindWhat, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
MatchCase:=False)

If Not (rngFound Is Nothing) Then
With Me
.Tb2.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 2).Value
.Tb3.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 1).Value
.Tb4.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 4).Value
.Tb5.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 5).Value
.Tb6.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 6).Value
.Tb7.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 7).Value
.Tb8.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 8).Value
.Tb9.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 9).Value
.Tb10.Text = rngFound.Offset(0, 10).Value
End With
Else
shIndex = shIndex + 1
End If
Loop Until Not rngFound Is Nothing Or shIndex Worksheets.Count

HTH

Bob

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

I'm having a problem have tried inserting your code in a new module also
inserting in userform code -- the first line Private shIndex As Long - is
inserting itself at the end of the print form code. Tried many ways to move
it all to no avail. Removed all the other code still no joy. Help???

--
Many thanks

hazel

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It should go in the Userform code module.

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What do you want to do with each as you find them?

--
HTH

Bob

(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in
my
addy)

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob

As usual when we do what you tell us to do and do it properly everything
works beautifully -- much appreciated your time and effort ---- now the
smart ***** will leave me alone to get on with my proper day job.
--
Many thanks

hazel

"Hazel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Hazel" wrote in message
Hi Bob

As usual when we do what you tell us to do and do it properly everything
works beautifully -- much appreciated your time and effort ---- now the
smart ***** will leave me alone to get on with my proper day job.

Not a chance. They have to let you know that they are still smart, they just
don't know they are *****

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As usual you have Nailed it on the Head!! they are at me now for me to do
more stuff its starting to get embarassing already -- told 'em to get lost
will have a look next week.
--
Many thanks

hazel