Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Use

O.K! I followed the instructions and when I open another test workbook, goto
tools\Macro\Macro, my Macro shows up as "Personal.XLS!CleanUp", but when I
click run, nothing happens, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong??

Thank You!

"open a adobe file from a command button" wrote:

Thank You Very Much!!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

To add, it (personal.xls) is hidden in Excel, but if you go to the VBE, you
can work with it like any other open workbook (you don't have to unhide it).
There is actually nothing special about this workbook other than it is
located in the xlStart folder where any file located there is opened when
excel is opened. Also it is hidden, but his can be done with any workbook as
well. As far as your macro is concerned, it must be in an open workbook to
use it. Personal.xls would satisfy this requirement once created as
described by Bob.

You also might want to look at using an addin:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Personal.xls is located in the XLStart directory, and is used to store
macros and
things that you want to be available to all workbooks, whenever you start
Excel.

You can create it by
- goto ToolsMacrosRecord New Macro...
- Choose Personal Macro Workbook form the dropdown
- OK
- click the Stop button on the toolbar that pops-up

You now have a Personal.xls workbook. It is not visible though, it is hidden
by default (WindowsUnhid

--
HTH

Bob

"open a adobe file from a command button"
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
Hi Mike. What is the Personal.xls workbook? Is that a directory?

"Mike" wrote:

You need to put the macro into the Personal.xls Workbook

"open a adobe file from a command button" wrote:

I have a Macro that works very well, so well that I want to use it in
other
workbooks. I went to Tools\Macro\Macro and made sure that the "Macros
in:
said 'All Open Workbooks, but when I open another workbook, my Macro
does not
show up. Do I have to copy this Macro into every workbook I want to
use it
in??

Thanks