Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking Excel files with part of a file name.

I am needing to like two sub excel files to a main excel that has
several pages in it. The main excel file gets updated every week and
the date on the file name that is after the underscore gets changed
with each update (filename_20070424). The two sub excel file are in a
separate folder that is in with the main folder. Along with the two
sub files, I do copy and paste the main excel file and remove the date
and underscore each week. I am looking for a macro or a way to link
the two excel files to the main one with the date on it, where I do
not need to remove the date each week. Any input will help or if you
need more information please do ask and thank you.