Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pivot refresh hangs

i,
I have a pivot table created using 'external data' from an Access data
source using a dsn. Now, when I use the '!' form the pivot tbale toolbar, it
hangs. perhaps because of too many rows 50000. Can anybody help on how to
fix this issue? any type of vba code to set some kind of property?

please help
thanks
Kanan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The number of records should not be an issue. I have done a couple of million
records with no difficulty. Try opening a new workbook and attach a pivot to
the source data and try again. If that works then perhap on your original go
back to the wizard and see if there is any difficulties/problems...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Kanan" wrote:

i,
I have a pivot table created using 'external data' from an Access data
source using a dsn. Now, when I use the '!' form the pivot tbale toolbar, it
hangs. perhaps because of too many rows 50000. Can anybody help on how to
fix this issue? any type of vba code to set some kind of property?

please help
thanks
Kanan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I agree with the number of records/rows. The issue may be do with the number
of fields in the page/row/ and column field areas. It consistently hangs. It
works OK if created new everytime. But the Pivot refresh fails. I would
appreciate if you have any suggestion on a fix for this issue. I have 1G
memory on my laptop. i am doing this on my local drive and definitely not on
a shared drive.

thanks
Kanan