Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to install a new version of an Excel program - Import file does not allow replace to modules

caveat. I'm very new to VBA and excel. I've googled and researched in
a VBA book I have and did not find a resolution.

I have an Excel program i've just completed containing 6 worksheets, 6
userforms and a number of modules with about 30 routines.
Before I give this to the user I want to figure out means to install
any future modifications made on my personal copy of the program to
the user's without wiping out the data in the worksheets.. I can't
just move in the new version as the data on the user's copy would be
wiped out.

I've tried using the Import file function but it does not allow the
import of a module/form with the same name.

Any suggestions on migrating updates into a user's copy of an Excel
program/system?

Thanks
Bill
Sacramento

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to install a new version of an Excel program - Import file doe

Probably best to separate you code and data to the maximum extent possible.
You can put your code (and any supporting worksheets) in an addin

See this site for a discussion:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"billgeo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"billgeo" wrote:
caveat. I'm very new to VBA and excel. I've googled and researched in
a VBA book I have and did not find a resolution.

I have an Excel program i've just completed containing 6 worksheets, 6
userforms and a number of modules with about 30 routines.
Before I give this to the user I want to figure out means to install
any future modifications made on my personal copy of the program to
the user's without wiping out the data in the worksheets.. I can't
just move in the new version as the data on the user's copy would be
wiped out.

I've tried using the Import file function but it does not allow the
import of a module/form with the same name.

Any suggestions on migrating updates into a user's copy of an Excel
program/system?

Thanks
Bill
Sacramento- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Tom and Jim I'll check into both options!