Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default code to deselect a chart modified by VBA

I have a series of charts on a dedicated chart worksheet with attached VBA
routines to change various inputs for each chart. At the conclusion of the
VBA work, it leaves the chart just worked on "selected" ... with the clear
circles at the corners and chart mid-points indicating such, not the solid
circles.

I tried adding a terminal line in the VBA code, ActiveChart.deselect, and
got an error message. And, I tried ActiveSheet.Shape("Chart 733").Deselect
with the same outcome for a chart named as such.

My thanks in advance for the code I need to add to deselect my charts.

Cheers! Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add -

it leaves the chart just worked on "selected"

If "just worked on" means by your code, you are probably including
unnecessary Activate or Select statements that can be removed thereby
leaving user's original selection unchanged.

Regards,
Peter T