Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparing Two Columns on Two Worksheets and then Adding New Info.

OK I'm still really novice with VB and it's code, but somewhat understand the
basics of programming. Basically I have one worksheet that I consider my
master library of electronic parts it has 17 columns of data for each part.
Some parts have the same part number, but different styles, so what really
makes a part unique in the worksheet are it's part number and it's style. So
2 out of the 17 columns of data.

I have another sheet of data that is created with each new electronic board
that I work on and it is in the exact same format as the master library with
17 columns of data.

IF this new sheet of data is in the same workbook as the master library
sheet, how do I program in something that will look at the part number and
style on the new sheet of data, and compare it to values in the master
library, and then add onto the bottom of the master library all parts that
are new to the master library based on their part number and style? And also
bring over all their information (other 15 columns of data)?

I would really appreciate some help with this, and thank anyone that can
help in advance!!!

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparing Two Columns on Two Worksheets and then Adding New In

Sorry about that.

Column B is Part#, and Column F is Style
Starting at column A every other column is either a quote symbol or comma of
semicolon (I figure that part would be easy to update when needed), but
starting at B there is data in every other column 17 columns out.

A B C D E F G H I J
; Part# ," Type ", Style ", Length , Width

Thanks,
John