Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending emails with VBA is somehow getting stopped - help appreciated...

Hello,

I am using the following code fragment to launch email

URL = "mailto:" & Email & "?subject=" & Subj & "&body=" & Msg
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink (URL)
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:02"))
Application.SendKeys "%s"

The outlook email message is popped up and populated correctly but
when the
sendkeys instruction is hit, there is a beep and the message does not
get sent.

I do not have norton installed and I diabled my pop-up blocker. not
sure what else
could be happening

This was working fine some time back using outlook express. the only
thing that
changed that I recall is that i'm now using outlook.

Any help greatly appreciated

Jeff Stryer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 9, 10:41 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
First, this doesn't address your question.

But if you've switched to Outlook, you may want to change your code to take
advantage of all the things you can do with outlook that are unavailable with
Outlook Express.

Ron de Bruin has tons of notes:http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Actually it did answer my question perfectly. I used some of Ron
Debruin's
code and got it working in minutes (of course I had to install the
"ClickYes"
program)

Great thanks for saving me much time.

Best