Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy cell

please, i need to copy a cell from a static worksheet, and paste it into a
concrete cell in a new generated worksheet. i´m trying to use something like
this, thanx for ideas.
wsAS.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Value = ws.Cells("B5").PasteSpecial
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm assuming you want to copy cell B5 from ws to wsAS.

Did you try this?

wsAS.cells(Activecell.row,4).value = ws.cells("B5").value

"raraschek" wrote:

please, i need to copy a cell from a static worksheet, and paste it into a
concrete cell in a new generated worksheet. i´m trying to use something like
this, thanx for ideas.
wsAS.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Value = ws.Cells("B5").PasteSpecial

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I tried that. Anyway I want the cell (activerow,column4) to be copied
into the new ws(cell B5). i tried to reverse the formula, but it doesnt
work...
(error 1004)

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm assuming you want to copy cell B5 from ws to wsAS.

Did you try this?

wsAS.cells(Activecell.row,4).value = ws.cells("B5").value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use also value if you not want to copy formatting
with wsAS active try this

ws.Cells("B5").value = wsAS.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Value

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"raraschek" wrote in message ...
please, i need to copy a cell from a static worksheet, and paste it into a
concrete cell in a new generated worksheet. i´m trying to use something like
this, thanx for ideas.
wsAS.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Value = ws.Cells("B5").PasteSpecial

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops, I missed something.

1) Before this line, check to ensure that ws.name and wsAS.name are really
worksheet names (checks to see if worksheets are defined.
2) Try this formula

wsAS.cells(Activecell.row,4).value = ws.range("B5").value

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm assuming you want to copy cell B5 from ws to wsAS.

Did you try this?

wsAS.cells(Activecell.row,4).value = ws.cells("B5").value

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok, thank you
---------------------------------
Sub Create()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim wsName As String, Name As String
Dim MsgError As String

MsgError = "Zadaný list už existuje! Vyberte bunku s iným listom. Potvrďte
End."

'no empty cell when generating ws
If Not IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then
Name = ActiveCell.Value

Set ws = Worksheets.Add
ws.Move After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)

'not to have two equal ws
Dim wks As Worksheet
For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If wks.Name = Name Then
MsgBox (MsgError)
End If
Next wks
ws.Name = Name

'new ws data and action

Dim wsCopyFrom As Worksheet
Set wsCopyFrom = Worksheets("mod")
Dim wsAS As Worksheet
Set wsAS = Worksheets("AS visit report")
Dim Msg As String
Dim datum As Range
Dim datumenter As Range

wsAS.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Copy
ws.Range("B5").PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)

ws.Cells("B5").Value = wsAS.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Value

'end of creating ws

Msg = "Vložte údaje"
MsgBox (Msg)

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Post your complete code so we can see what you are trying to do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First I not see that you have Cells instead of Range in your code yesterday

I make the code a bit shorter
Try this with the value you want to copy on the activesheet

Sub Create()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim str As String
Dim Name As String

'no empty cell when generating ws
If Not IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then
Name = ActiveCell.Value

str = ActiveSheet.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 4).Value
Set ws = Worksheets.Add(After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count))

ws.Range("B5").Value = str

On Error Resume Next
ws.Name = Name
If Err.Number 0 Then
MsgBox "Change the name of : " & ws.Name & " manually"
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"raraschek" wrote in message ...
ok, thank you

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Post your complete code so we can see what you are trying to do

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thank you, with your help i changed the code and it works as i wanted.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

"raraschek" wrote in message ...
ok, thank you