Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with disabling items in the menu

Sometime ago Gary was very helpful in getting me started understanding how
to disable various parts of a menu item. I clearly understand how to do
that now but is there a way to disbale or hide the elements that appear in
the main menu? I mean take for example F&ormat. Instead of disabling each
component of the sub menu under Foramt is there a way to hid Format?? If
someone can give me some ideas as to how to do that or a link that has all
these types of commands I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Les,

'--------------
Sometime ago Gary was very helpful in getting me started understanding how
to disable various parts of a menu item. I clearly understand how to do
that now but is there a way to disbale or hide the elements that appear in
the main menu? I mean take for example F&ormat. Instead of disabling each
component of the sub menu under Foramt is there a way to hid
Format??'--------------

Try:

'=============
Public Sub Tester()
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar"). _
FindControl(ID:=30006).Enabled = False
End Sub
'<<=============

'-------------
If someone can give me some ideas as to how to do that or a link that has
all
these types of commands I would appreciate it.

'--------------

Visit Ron de Bruin at:

Disable command bars and controls
http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman,

What can I say but wow !!! The link you gave me is just what I am looking
for. Do you know where I would go to find information regarding all the
ID's of the various aspects of Excel like the ones mentioned in the link you
provided me? Thanks so much for this great information

Les

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Les,

'--------------
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for. Do you know where I would go to find information regarding all the
ID's of the various aspects of Excel

See my page Les

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Les" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I did visit the link Ron but also wanted
to know where did you get that info from. I am sure that there are more
ID's not listed on your link and if I am wrong then I apologize for this
follow up. I just also am curious if there was a book or something that
lists all the availabale ID's that are affiliated with Excel since if so I
would be interested in obtaining it. When I look at your link at those ID's
it makes alot of sense to do things that way versus having to label the
items you want to work with.

Thanks again and looking forward to your response.

Les

"Les" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Above the screenshots with the ID's there is a link to a Add-in and on the bottom of the page you
will find links to MS pages with this info.

See this part of my page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm#ID