Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mel Mel is offline

Default Help with "If" function?

The following syntax results in either Yes or No being displayed in the cell
depending on whether or not the value is 55. =IF(A2=55,"Yes", "No")

How can program the cell to display one of several results depending on the
value entered in cell A2?

For example:
If A2 is 55, A1 should display ABCDEFG
If A2 is 56, A1 should display HIJKLMOP
If A2 is 57, A1 should display QRSTUV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mel Mel is offline

I don't have access to Access or Visual Basic. All I have to work with is
excel. I have a list of 55 discount selling schedules each with different
details. I have a list of numerous customers, to whom each only 1 of the
discount schedules applies. I have been asked to set up a chart of this
information.

I would like to enter the 55 discount schedules on one worksheet. I would
then like to use a second worksheet including the customer information and
the schedule number, and depending on the schedule number entered, pull the
information from the discount worksheet so that it appears on the customer
worksheet. But I think the formula would be too long???