Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date problem

I have written a VB program using inputboxes for the entry of data into
a very large spreadsheet. I have formatted the spreadsheet in all
aspects. For some reason if i now enter a date using the inputboxes e.g
12/03/2007 it shows in the spreadsheet as 03/12/2007, i have checked the
formatting of the spreadsheet and it is correct but for some reason when
i inputbox method entry it changes. In addition if i manually enter the
date into the spreadsheet no problem. COnfused!!! what am i missing???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

US Dates in VBA.

Try putting the textbox value into the cell via a date variable

Dim dte As Date
dte = TextBox1.Text
ActiveCell.Value = dte

--
HTH

Bob

"Craig Johnson" wrote in message

I have written a VB program using inputboxes for the entry of data into
a very large spreadsheet. I have formatted the spreadsheet in all
aspects. For some reason if i now enter a date using the inputboxes e.g
12/03/2007 it shows in the spreadsheet as 03/12/2007, i have checked the
formatting of the spreadsheet and it is correct but for some reason when
i inputbox method entry it changes. In addition if i manually enter the
date into the spreadsheet no problem. COnfused!!! what am i missing???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks bob trying it now

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it worked a treat hooray, thank you very much.