Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default names.add does not list those names in the "Go to" dialog box

Hi

I am adding names for ranges in VBA.
For whatever reason they do not show up in the "go to.." dialog box
(<ctrl<g).

they are there.. I can type in the name in the dialogbox, press enter
and it selects the proper range...

any ideas?

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 3, 9:36 am, "sisifus" wrote:
Hi

I am adding names for ranges in VBA.
For whatever reason they do not show up in the "go to.." dialog box
(<ctrl<g).

they are there.. I can type in the name in the dialogbox, press enter
and it selects the proper range...

any ideas?

Michael

You can add ranges to a worksheet with the following code
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="my_rng", _
RefersToR1C1:="=R47C5:R47C28" '<== change this to suit your needs.

I've also had the problem where I need to repeat this code to get it
to stick. I haven't ever asked why that is, but just gone along with
it.