-   -   Determining whether XP or Vista is the operating system (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/386677-determining-whether-xp-vista-operating-system.html)

Bob Flanagan

Determining whether XP or Vista is the operating system

How can I determine if the user's operating system is XP or Vista (or
something else)?

Thanks,

Bob Flanagan

Jim Cone

Determining whether XP or Vista is the operating system

Bob,
I don't know about Vista but XP returns "Windows (32-bit) NT 5.01"
using Application.OperatingSystem.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Bob Flanagan"
wrote in message
How can I determine if the user's operating system is XP or Vista (or
something else)?
Thanks,
Bob Flanagan

Jim Rech

Determining whether XP or Vista is the operating system

Application.OperatingSystem should do it I think.

--
Jim
"Bob Flanagan" wrote in message
. ..
| How can I determine if the user's operating system is XP or Vista (or
| something else)?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Bob Flanagan

Bob Flanagan

Determining whether XP or Vista is the operating system

Many thanks Jim and Jim. I must learn not to write code after midnight. I
had looked for that property but did not see it.
Bob