Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Limit to numbering of auto-generated shapes?

I am generating and deleting a number of shapes in an Excel application. The
auto-generated number has reached over 4000. I am wondering when this number
might reach the end of its range (and what might happen) or whether it can be
reset.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ultimately there must be some limit for the object counter but I've never
heard of anyone reaching it, safe well into the 100k's at least.

The counter increments whenever an object is inserted on the sheet. AFAIK
the only way to reset it is to delete all objects on the sheet, save, close
& re-open the file.

Regards,
Peter T