Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default EXCEL: OLE DB provider for OLAP Services 8.0 Missing

We are introducing office web components to query an OLAP
data cube via EXCEL and ASP.NET, but on some machines this doesn't work. Ive
tracked this back to
an excel issue. If I go into excel and click Data, external
data and new database query, then I choose OLAP Cubes, double click on new
data source, put in a name and click the drop down box to specifiy an OLAP
provider. On the machines that fail this box is blank. On all the machines
that work the box gives me at least one option to provide a OLAP
Provider i.e (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0). I've
searched the web high and low and can't find anyone with the
same issue yet I've found this on 2 out of 5 machines in a test group.

Please advise
If you can tell me a way to add in this functionality then I think this will
fix the issue.

Thanks
Nigel Roach
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel,
Maybe dependent on the version of MDAC installed ?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301202

NickHK

"nigeaman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ,

How is everything going? Please feel free to let me know if you need any
assistance.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support