Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extending Conditional Formatting Capabilities

Hello All,

I am working on a large table that requires approximately 7
conditional formats. The values in the table are derived from formulas
linked to another sheet and are numerical (1-7) Essentially, we need
each number to correlate to a different color

I found and tried the code recommended from http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case,
however the issues I run into is that

1. It colors the cells with no value in them red. (should be no color)
2. When I make a selection of cells or a range, it goes back to white
and then if reselected, goes back to red etc...

Do there need to be additional Event codes implemented? I can't seem
to figure out what is happening within the code. I would also like
the conditional formatting to automatically update whenever a value in
the cell changes.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
in advance for your time.

Dan