Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Character Count?

I have no idea where to start here. In a text box ... Is there a way to use
character count (or anything) to count characters upto point and after to
help later capture that sting of text to place in a file?

Example: Text box contains "There are 78,785 parts available" then the user
types (A- Calc character spacing upto point) "As of 1/1/07 there are 60,455
parts availble" (B- Calc character spacing at this point) Then in cell D1 it
pastes the text that is between charater spaces A-B.

Any ideas? Even possible?

Thank you to anyone that helps!

~Ben Z.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How do we tell where the new text is? As I understood it you were going to
use some type of unkown delimiter character. You described it as
(A- Calc character spacing upto point)
you said you would mark the end with

(B- Calc character spacing at this point)

I have no idea what these are or how what you mean by those phrases. After
taking a second 20th look at it, If you mean I should calculate the number of
characters up to that point - then what determines what that point is?

Tom Ogilvy

"Benz" wrote:

Thank you Tom, but it is only capturing random sets of characters. I want it
to capture and put in the cell all new text.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Dim s as String, s1 as String
Dim i as Long
s = Textboxes("Text Box 1").Text
s1 = ""
bCapture = False
for i = 1 to len(s)
if mid(s,i,1) = " " then bCapture = Not bCapture
if bCapture then
s1 = s1 & mid(s,i,1)
end if
Next

Range("D1") = s1

Replace the " " with the whatever a Calc Character is.

Tom Ogilvy