Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Using a Form as a macro toolbox

Greetings all -
I have an app that currently uses control buttons on the excel worksheet to
call various macros.
A better way to do this would be to place these buttons in a form, so that
it floats over the worksheet, and doesn't scroll around. Also the buttons get
in the way of the work that needs to be done - the floating toolbox would get
rid of that.

So I made a new form, added the buttons and these buttons call the correct
macros. But it appears that, while this form is active, the user is not able
to move the mouse around tha screen. Most of these macros operate on the
current cell, so the user has to be able to select a cell.

My question is: how can I use this type of toolbox for user buttons, but
also free up the mouse?

Thanks in advance!

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

why not use a floating commandbar which is designed for this?

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan" wrote:

I Got It I think -
vbModeless ???
Seems to do the trick.
Sorry for the false alarm.
dan

"Dan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

I Got It I think -
vbModeless ???
Seems to do the trick.
Sorry for the false alarm.
dan

"Dan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Thanks Tom!
I didn't even know about those, but I have one built up and running. And the
cool little icon editor, too much!
Dan

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

why not use a floating commandbar which is designed for this?

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan" wrote:

I Got It I think -
vbModeless ???