Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Synchronizing Multiple Pivot Tables

I have multiple pivot tables based on the same data, and would like users to
be able to select certain Page field combinations and have all pivots
automatically synchorize to that combination. My ultimate preference is to
have some sort of user interface (e.g., form or separate sheet with
drop-downs), but as a starting point, I'd be happy if I could just sync other
tables based on one "master" pivot.

Thanks,
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Todd,

I have made four posts with the same question. I've visited a web site by
Debra Dalgleish and found one of her templates helpful although it updates
only three pivot tables which are all found on one sheet. I have six pivot
tables contained on their own worksheets (all in one workbook) and I'd like
to update their page fields by a value in cell b4 in my summary sheet.
Debora's solution updates three pivot tables by a central pivot table
contained in the first worksheet. Here is the URL that I visited:

The sample template's coordinates on this website is: "PT0015 - Change
Multiple Different Page Fields". If you figure out how to update 6 different
pivot table page fields on 6 separate worksheets by one central drop-down
list, please let me know.

Cheers!
Kent Lysell
Financial Consultant
IBM/Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa, Ontario
W: 613.943.9098

"T. Jenkins" wrote:

I have multiple pivot tables based on the same data, and would like users to
be able to select certain Page field combinations and have all pivots
automatically synchorize to that combination. My ultimate preference is to
have some sort of user interface (e.g., form or separate sheet with
drop-downs), but as a starting point, I'd be happy if I could just sync other
tables based on one "master" pivot.

Thanks,
Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've added a sample workbook here, that changes all the pivot tables in
the workbook, when an item is selected from a data validation list in a
cell:

Under PivotTables, look for 'PT0016 - Change Page Fields With Cell Dropdown'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming